Connecting an Xbox One controller to a Nintendo Switch without an adapter requires using a third-party accessory called a “Bluetooth adapter” or “wireless adapter.” These adapters allow you to connect the Xbox One controller to the Switch via Bluetooth. Here’s how you can do it:
- Purchase a compatible Bluetooth adapter that supports the Xbox One controller and Nintendo Switch. Ensure it is compatible with both devices.
- Insert the Bluetooth adapter into the USB port on the Nintendo Switch dock or the USB-C port if you are using the Switch Lite.
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch and enter the “System Settings” menu.
- Within the “System Settings” menu, navigate to “Controllers and Sensors.”
- Select “Change Grip/Order” to put your Nintendo Switch into pairing mode.
- On the Xbox One controller, press and hold the Xbox button to turn it on.
- Locate the pairing button on the Bluetooth adapter and press it to put it into pairing mode. Refer to the instructions provided with the Bluetooth adapter for the specific pairing process.
- On the Xbox One controller, press and hold the sync button located on the front of the controller, near the USB port.
- The Xbox button on the controller should start flashing rapidly, indicating it is in pairing mode.
- The Nintendo Switch will detect the Xbox One controller. On the Switch screen, a new controller icon will appear. Press the “A” button on the Xbox One controller to confirm the connection.
- Once the pairing process is complete, the Xbox One controller should be successfully connected to the Nintendo Switch.
Please note that not all Bluetooth adapters may work seamlessly with the Xbox One controller and Nintendo Switch. It’s essential to ensure the adapter you choose is compatible with both devices to achieve a successful connection